Swift

TLC before protective styling - wash day

The event is over and it went great so now it's time to protect my hair. 


I know that protein is what I am usually lazy on and forget about but today it's pretty much only about protein. Awhile ago I stopped co-washing my hair for two reasons.
1. Conditioners doesn't clean your hair, it only condition/moisturize your hair. That is why you use conditioner after shampoo, to add moisture that can be lost during the cleansing step. 
2. My hair does no longer need that extra moisture. 

But after looking and feeling on my hair, shampoo is not necessary so today I will co-wash with a twist. 


No poo shampoo: I mixed Tresemme Keratin Smooth, Mane n' Tail Deep Moisturizing & ORS replenishing conditioner. To get some cleansing action I added some baking soda. Baking soda is not recommended for everyday use due to it's ph level. 

You are probably wondering why I just didn't go for one conditioner. Well I didn't do it because I can.. YOLO lol.

Conditioner: Skipped this part since I co-washed. 
As always (95% of my wash days) I do an oil rinse. 
Hair treatment: Coconut milk mixed with honey. 
And the last step of my wash routine, tea rinse. 


You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Leave me feedback, tips and comments :) & remember, Healthy Hair is Good Hair!

Search in this blog