Swift

Going natural/transitioning- Pt 1.1 - Hair texture

As I said my hair texture is a 4b/c but mostly 4/c. Now that my hair is getting healthier and healthier and I've learned that patience goes a long way. I have also discovered more and more 4b coils in my hair. I've always had like 4 coils at different places in my hair but maybe my hair is 4b and not 4b/c.. Maybe my hair is just dry 4b hair :/

Wether my hair is 4b or 4b/c doesn't really matter to me as long as it is healthy and my hair actually shines by itself with no products in it! (*fierce*).
Yes it is normal to have more than one hair texture on your head. But to able to identify the different hair textures that sometimes look a like we will take a closer look at them while still keeping it easy.


Type 1: Straight

A:
  • Fine/ thin
  • Very soft & shiny

B:

  • Medium
  • Voluminous

C:

  • Coarse
  • Bone straight
 
 
 

Type 2: Wavy

A:

  • Fine/thin
  • The hair texture is like an S.

B:

  • Medium
  • Frizzy

C:

  • Coarse
  • Tends to be resistent to styling.
  • Very frizzy but has thicker waves.
 
 

Type 3: Curly

A:

  • Loose curls
  • Thick & full
  • Frizzy

B:

  • Tight curls
  • Combined textures but mostly curls.
 
 

Type 4: Kinky

A:

  • Soft
  • Very fragile as all type 4 hair textures.
  • Tight coils
  • Curl pattern

B:

  • Wiry
  • Very fragile as all type 4 hair textures.
  • Tight coils but less curls than 4A.
 
Note that 3C and 4C isn't on this list but they do exist if you ask me. I would say that the subcathegory C is frizzier and has a looser to no curl pattern.
The hair texture chart could be described in many ways depending on the thickness, feel and appearence of the hair.

     
 
 

 

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Leave me feedback, tips and comments :) & remember, Healthy Hair is Good Hair!

Search in this blog